- ABOUT US
- XTREME UNIVERSE
Your motherboard’s BIOS or the RGB software version may need to be updated:
To fix the problem, perform the following actions:
1. Download/update the latest BIOS for your motherboard
2. Go to the software or download area of your motherboard’s webpage and download the latest version of the RGB software
3. Install as the system administrator
The following RGB software are supported:
ASUS Armoury Crate (Aura Sync)
MSI Center(Mystic Light)
Gigabyte Fusion APP
ASRock Polychrome SYNC APP
Please follow the steps as below to verify -
1. Update the system to the latest BIOS version.
2. Install DRAM module.
3. For overclocking products, please set BIOS to XMP, EXPO or DOCP .
4. Run Memtest86+ software (Memtest86 + (http://www.memtest.org/))- A free RAM test software.( http://www.memtest.org/)
5. When the test result of 1pcs is normal, install the dual channel module and run the test.
1. Confirm System Requirements Specifications (CPU, motherboard and memory device)
2. For the Intel platform, please choose the option of BIOS load XMP.
3. For the AMD platform, please choose the option of BIOS load AMP.
(Motherboard factories don’t always give the same name to the overclocking options. Examples are as below: MSI DDR4 named by A-XMP & ASUS is D.O.C.P.)
After confirming the installation with the memory device that is suitable for the system, please follow the steps as below:
1. Shut down the computer and unplug the power plug.
2. According to your motherboard layout, re-insert the memory device with the maximum capacity to the 1st socket, then re-insert the memory device to with the smaller capacity in a decreasing order. Ensure that the memory module has been installed correctly, then align each DIMM with the connector slot by aligning the notch in the DIMM with the key in the connector. Then, steadily and firmly push the memory device into the slot until locking to the position.
3. Make sure that all cables in the computer are connected correctly. Make sure required power connector is well-connected to the motherboard, and avoid any cables that connect to the hard disk have been disconnected by accident.
4. After the recommended memory device is installed correctly, but the laptop won’t re-boot or identify the memory device, it may be necessary to download the latest BIOS from the laptop manufacturer’s website.
The occurrence of the blue screen may be resulted from many factors; the hardware may affect the parts including RAM, motherboard, hard disk and power supply. To verify whether or not it is a problem RAM, it’s recommended to use the RAM test software, Memtest86+. If there is a red error message, it’s confirmed to be the DRAM problem, please contact the customer service agent.
If you install a variety of different brands of RGB control software on your PC, it may cause the software SMBUS command resources to conflict, resulting in the failure to control the lighting effects normally. It is recommended that you just install one RGB control software for your PC.
Steps of the Testing Method without Booting:
1. Verify that the system requirements specifications (SRS) are mutually supportive. (CPU, motherboard, DRAM, and power supply)
2. Verify the power connection, if there’s no electricity, it may be the broken power supply or a short circuited protection board.
3. If there’s a BIOS warning sound after system startup, please refer to the BIOS manufacturer to fix the errors.
4. If the computer is power-connected without a BIOS warning sound, please replace the CPU, MB, memory in order until system startup.
CPU-Z can be recognized as one of the most classic computer system information software, the relevant information about testing current computer device:
Type: Types of the Memory Device
Size: Total memory capacity that is installed on the computer.
Channel: The number of channels that are used in the operations of the Memory Device. In the example, the number of channels is 4, which means that the system will combine the bandwidth of the 4 memory devices to increase transmission performance.
DRAM Frequency: Operation speed of Memory Rank.
FSB and DRAM ratio: The ratio of front side bus (FSB) frequency and DRAM Frequency
RAM Timing Benchmarks (CL, tRCD, tRP, tRAS, tRFC, CR): Each of the 6 different benchmarks individually represents the frequency cycle required for different DRAM operations.
1. If it is a newly purchased memory, confirm that your previous memory and the newly purchased memory are of the same brand, frequency, capacity, and number of particles. If they are the same, we recommend that you try to insert the memory in another computer or other slots on your motherboard. If the problem persists, it may be a memory failure. It is recommended that you send the product through the original purchase merchant or the nearest ADATA authorized service center for repair.
If the new memory does not belong to the same brand as before, you can consult the memory compatibility of your computer manufacturer.
2. If there is a fault in normal use and it can be repaired through the service center, you can contact your purchaser or our service center for repair.
If it is inconvenient to send repairs to the service center, you can apply for repair online on XPG’s official website.
After completing the application, please follow the instructions to properly package the product and return it to the designated address. We will carry out the repair process for you as soon as possible after receipt.
The service center only provides service for the repair of products (the appearance of the product must not exhibit external damage, and the stickers must be intact). The warranty scope and authenticity of the product will be determined by the original factory based on the physical product received. It is recommended that you file a clear picture of the front and back of the product before sending it for repair.
【Important reminder: If your memory needs to run dual channels, please send both modules together for repair to facilitate dual channel testing.】
When RGB memory is coupled with non-RGB memory, the system can work normally; but, XPG RGB AP can’t be installed. Once it’s installed, the software will display not an RGB DRAM.
In order to ensure stable system operation, the system will automatically detect the memory product with the lower frequency specifications and set to run the lower frequency and parameter; the system won't run the memory product with a higher frequency.
QVL stands for Qualified Vendor List, which is provided by a motherboard manuafacturer to guarantee that memory can work with the motherboard.
When purchasing DDR5 DRAM, you should understand the motherboard features first and confirm the supported memory frequency by checking the QVL.
Two DIMMs per channel (2DPC) application technology is different from dual-channel. It is recommended to set the frequency reduction specification to ensure overclocking stability. For example, if you want to go up to 6,000 MT/s you need to buy a DRAM capable of 6,400MT/s. The main reason is the limitation of the motherboard. When supporting memory, the overclocking characteristics can be optimized through the BIOS. However, when four channels are inserted, higher specifications are needed to meet the system requirements of the BIOS, so that the system can run stably even in the overclocked state.
At present, motherboard makers have not yet released the QVL with 4 channels. Therefore general consumers cannot find out the list of four-channel memory from the official website of the motherboard brands.
According to each different BIOS designs of the board manufacturers, memory is shared with the motherboard-
1. Onboard share memory
2. PCIE Device
3. BIOS may need to use 1MB at a minimum.
4. DVMT (The attachment is the DVMT datasheet of the Intel 6 series chipsets product.
Design of memory device varies with different memory capacities, its configuration depends on the best system performance that varies with the motherboard design by different manufacturers.
In many cases, the BIOS or diagnostic program will report the memory bus frequency, which is half of the memory frequency. Because the rate of DDR data transfer (double data transfer) is twice the memory bus frequency. If the bus speed is 800MHz, and DDR3-1600 memory is used, the correct memory operating speed is at 1600.
An external memory doesn’t always increase the computer’s performance. But, it’s helpful in the simultaneous multiple operations of more programs or procedures, or beneficial in operating the program that requires a large amount of memory. If the amount of memory that is originally installed doesn’t handle the programs or procedures that are operated, it’s possible to elevate the aspect of performance.
In Windows, click on 'Start' button, then click and open 'Control Panel.'
→ In Windows, please use the traditional view. Click on and open 'System' to display the computer’s basic information, including the total RAM that is installed.
→ In MacOS, click on 'About this Mac' or 'About this Computer' from the Apple menu at the top-left corner. The information about the total memory in the Mac will be provided. (including built-in memory and externally installed DIMM or SIMM.)
→ In Linux, open a terminal window and enter the following command: cat /proc/meminfo to display the total RAM capacity as well as other memory information.
Intel users can enables XMP for the overclocking setting, as for AMD platforms, users can enable DOCP or EXPO (DDR5) in BIOS. Through the function of simple operating settings to achieve overclocking and the best condition of system performance and stability.