The software requires Windows 10 and above to run.
Please try the following steps in order:
1. RESET PRIME to Default
Move your mouse to the top-right corner of XPG PRIME. Hover over “Hi, Guest ” to reveal the “Reset” function. Click the Reset button to reset PRIME software to default settings.
2. RESET keyboard or mouse to Default
Keyboard: Hold FN + ESC for 5 seconds.
Slingshot Mouse: Hold Forward Button + Backward Button + DPI Button for 5 seconds.
3. Enter Settings menu and check both product firmware and PRIME versions. If either firmware is not the latest available version, please UPDATE to the latest version.
4. If the problem remains, please Contact us and provide the following information:
Product Firmware and PRIME versions.
Photos/Videos of the problem.
How to reproduce the problem (scenario or steps).
When setting all LEDs on XPG ALPHA to white color at its maximum luminosity, all segments of a single LED are turned to maximum, which inevitably consumes 2-3x times more than standard operation in color mode or about 5x times more consumption than keeping LEDs off when operating in wireless mode.
ALPHA mouse battery consumption is calculated based on an average time of continuous drain with LEDs turned on showing a standard colored effect. That translates to charging once to twice a month with average daily use, depending from the effect used. When LEDs are turned off, the 900mAh rechargeable lithium battery can reach over 120 hours of continuous operation in optimal environmental conditions.
On top of the mouse you can find a triangular button that can be used as DPI button, but there are more:
Preset 6 DPI steps from 400, 800, 1600 ,3200, 6400, and 16000 (max). When switching between each step, a different indicating color serves as a visually notification. And when connected to XPG PRIME software, the lowest DPI step can be adjusted to 100. The number of DPI steps can also be changed ranging from one to six, depending on your preference and gaming habit.
At the bottom of mouse, right next to the sensor there is a switch that user can choose the connection mode between 2.4G wireless, Bluetooth, or Off. The wireless 2.4G dongle embedded inside the mouse needs to connect to the PC.
XPG PRIME software offers 3 main functions: to set up Lighting, Performance and to determine the power usage preference in Power Status tab.
- User can quickly change the lighting effect with presets, or advance to more detailed settings such as individual lighting sectors and brightness on the mouse.
- In the Performance tab, user can decide the number of DPI steps, and the sensitivity of each DPI step. Angle snap, debounce time and polling rate are all available for user to customize.
- In the power status options, gamers can adjust the idle interval time before the mouse enters the sleep mode. The low power warning setting allows gamers to set the percentage of the remaining power themselves so that when the power is in the low power status, the DPI button will be displayed with a red light.
After downloading and installing the software, connect the mouse to PC to begin customization with XPG PRIME software.